Here we go again…..!

From the Canyonlands “information” online service:

…I’m not in a very good position to inform or advise you. There is snow in shaded areas here in town, but open areas are presently clear and dry….Overall you’d do best by speaking with the staff in the Island in the Sky, and doing so by phone…

Good luck, of course, getting hold of an actual person on the number they provided.

Elevation in Moab: 4.1k
Elevation at the top of the Shafer Trail: 5.8k
Elevation at bottom of Shafer Trail: 4.5k
Elevation of Murphy’s Hogback: 5.3k

We’ll be fiiinne this Saturday. It’ll give a good excuse to walk up from Mineral, too.

And so it begins….

3 Comments

  1. Let’s go for it! We’re in a much better position to take the risk this week than last week. It’s just supposed to be cold, no precipitation or big winds. It’s been below freezing much of the week here and snow still has been disappearing so I bet it’s not bad there. If there is snow and ice in the shady spots then we’ll just deal with it. Can’t wait to get back to red dirt. I’m sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. Was that clear? hahaha.

Leave a Comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s