This was one of the coolest trips I’ve ever done. Still trying to wrap my head around all that I saw and felt. Insofar as this was meant to be an effective coda for both the Yellowstone project and for graduate school, I can say that the mission has been accomplished.

Now, as Eric so helpfully said, I have to find a job. Too bad, as I’m psyched on spring and ready to spend my time biking, backpacking, skiing mountains, and packrafting fat rivers.

12 Comments

1. Chad says:

Congrats on finishing. Loved the frozen sock moment and wading barefoot. Great job on the vid.

2. Jill says:

Jobs really are overrated when you think about it. But congrats on finishing school. That looks like an awesome celebration trip.

3. Bill says:

very cooooool

4. ~ Sheepheads says:

Good work putting school first . Hope to see you in the hills or on the water soon. Good luck on the employment front. Hope you find a place with lots of rec opps.

5. Carney says:

Very nice!

6. Tom Purvis says:

"Hi, yer young and you have your health. What do you want with a job?"

7. Dave says:

I do better and get more done with some structure in my life. I also have student loans coming up soonish.Bleh.Thanks everyone.

8. Martin Rye says:

Fantastic video and thanks for sharing.

9. Eugene Smith says:

Loved it David! Beautifully treacherous country you have in your midst. Excellent editing, it gave me a great sense of what your trip was like. I cannot believe you wore the MT100's in conditions like that! Amazing they were still on your feet when you were done. Anywhere I can see your gear list for this trip?

10. Dave says:

Thanks Eugene! I'm currently working on an article that hopefully BPL will publish. Full gearlist with commentary will be included.